MANAGING DIRECTOR, GRADE - ADC 1
Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development established under ADC Act, Cap 444, whose primary mandate is to develop agricultural resource and thus contribute to food and nutrition security as well as manufacturing in line with National Development Goals articulated in the Vision 2030,Agricultural Sector Transformation and Growth Strategy and the Bottom Up Economic Transformation Agenda.
The Board of ADC wishes to recruit a qualified, dynamic, visionary and dedicated person to fill the above position. This position calls for a dynamic, transformational and dedicated person to realize ADC’s vision “to be a global leader in Sustainable Agricultural Resource Development”. In addition, the position requires that the holder possesses high degree of integrity and professionalism with impeccable administrative capabilities.
MANAGING DIRECTOR, GRADE – ADC 1
The Managing Director shall be responsible to the Board of Directors of Agricultural Development Corporation in providing strategic leadership and implementation of the Corporations strategic goals to achieve ADC’s mandate as provided in ADC Act Cap 444.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Managing Director shall include the following:
- Day to day management and operations of the Corporation;
- Secretary to the Board and custodian of the ADC seal;
- Ensuring prudent management of ADC resources;
- Ensuring effective implementation of the ADC mandate;
- Providing effective strategic direction on business related proposals and resource mobilization for ADC activities and the Agricultural sector;
- Providing strategic leadership in the development, implementation and review of the ADC strategic plan, business model and annual work plans to achieve ADC ’s mandate;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of Board decisions and resolutions;
- Ensuring development and implementation of policies, strategies and internal control systems for delivery of effective and quality service to internal and external clients;
- Advising the Board on the performance of ADC core mandate and functions;
- Initiating development of strategic partnerships and collaborations with the National and County Governments, development partners and other like-minded institutions;
- Leading in change management;
- Ensuring effective communication between management and the Board, as well as between different levels of management and stakeholders;
- Providing leadership and fostering teamwork among employees;
- Managing Corporate risk;
- Ensuring development and approval of the budget;
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and legal obligations;
- Fostering a culture that promotes ethical practice within ADC;
- Ensuring succession management and employee growth and development;
- Ensuring that ADC leverages on ICT in service delivery;
- Spokesperson of ADC.
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary to achieve the Corporation’s mandate.
- PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- A minimum period of fifteen (15) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in Senior Management;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields; Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary medicine, Animal production, Agri-business , or any other relevant field from a recognized Institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following field; Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Veterinary medicine, Economics, Animal production, Business Administration, Strategic Management, Agri-business or any other relevant field from a recognized Institution;
- A PhD and/or professional qualifications in any of the above professional fields will be an added advantage;
- Senior Leadership development Course not lasting less than four weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing where applicable;
- Knowledge and a clear understanding of the agricultural sector;
- Demonstrate understanding of financial management, public policy, labour relations, corporate governance and strategic management.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of local, national and international policies and regulatory frameworks governing the agricultural sector.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
The appointment shall be on a three (3)-year Contractual term renewable subject to acceptable performance as set out in the performance contract and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Applications with detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current remuneration, copies of certificates, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone contact should be hand delivered or sent to the following addresses:
- The Chairman
Agricultural Development Corporation
Development House, 10th Floor, Moi Avenue
P.O. Box 47101 – 00100,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The envelope should be clearly marked Ref: ADC/MD/003/2023. Applications should be received not later than 14/08/2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Only the candidate offered employment shall be required to present the following clearance certificates:-
- Valid certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- Valid Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) Clearance.
- Valid Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Current report from an approved a credit reference Bureau (CRB).
- Valid clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
Agricultural Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and gender equality.
CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION